What Does Blog Post SEO Optimization Mean?
In this context, blog post optimization refers to the SEO enhancement of the post for your chosen keyword.
We analyze your content against the top 30 posts with the same focus keyword. Through natural language processing, we are able to determine what words need to be added to the content and what the ideal length and reading level are.
Based on that data, we make updates to your content. The content is graded on a scale of A++ to F. Because we are overachievers and obsessed with perfection, we always strive for an A++. We are happy to share with you the before and after scores to give you a frame of reference of the transformation your content has undergone.
Best practice for blog content length is 2000+ words, so we aim for a finished product somewhere in that range. There may be some variability in the finished word count higher or lower based on the topic and the original content provided.
What is “Original Content”?
Original content means writing in your own words. We fully believe you will not willingly and knowingly hand over copied content, but it has happened, therefore we need to include a couple of statements as to what we do not accept. We do this not just for our benefit, but yours. We cannot work with this type of content as we need your original words in order to shape and enhance the content; we will not be able to produce the final result you expect or deserve. What’s more, having unoriginal or copied content on your site can create duplicate content issues if not handled properly (e.g. canonical linking).
We will check the content at the beginning of the project to ensure it meets these requirements. If it is more than 50% unoriginal (i.e. directly quoted text from other sources) we cannot accept this content. Even content that is 25-50% similar can be very difficult to work with. We understand sourcing with reputable facts is important, especially for certain niches, but the more original content you provide us, the better we can optimize your content.
How We Work & What We Need from You
We are a team-oriented company. From the get-go, we see you as one of our team members. We will only be successful with collaboration and support from each other throughout the project. To learn more about our team and how we work, check out the Mai Services page.
As such, we will need a couple of things from you and will be communicating with you often to make sure everyone involved is clear on what’s needed and what will be delivered.
You must provide 750 words of original content, at minimum. If possible, more is always preferable; the more content we have in your own words, the more accurately we can represent your voice and understand the goal of the content. The desired end result is anywhere from 1500-2000+ words.
If you cite sources, please provide links at a minimum (notating where they belong in the content and any direct quotes). If warranted, we add a formatted sources/citations section at the end of the content. This is especially important for health-related information.
Blog Post SEO Optimization Process
- After purchase, someone from our content management team will reach out to you via email with next steps.
- You provide the keyword and the goal of the post. This needs to be as specific as possible. If we are able to identify a better keyword opportunity we will inform you.
- We’ll need to know up front if it’s a content refresh or new post as each follows a slightly different process.
- If it’s a new post, we run an analysis for the keyword and provide you with a list of terms that should be included in the content. This list allows you to see what we’ll be optimizing for. While not required, you may also want to try incorporating some of the terms as you write your post (if you haven’t written it yet).
- You provide the content you want us optimize in a Google doc. We will need edit access on the doc in order to make updates. A link to your site also works if it’s a Mai Solution site that we manage.
- We optimize for the keywords, update the Google doc with highlighted changes, and notify you so you can review.
- If further edits are required, we make them, update the doc, and have you review again. If no further changes are needed, you are ready to add/update the post on your site.
- If you are a Mai Solution customer, we update on-page SEO elements for you (meta description, SEO title, etc.). If you are not, we can provide you a checklist and suggestions for making these updates yourself.