You have a business, which has a website. Now you need to get people there, so they will see your products and become customers. But how? One way is to use social media to drive traffic to your website.
What can social media do for my website?
With social media, you can:
- Engage viewers and offer them valuable content.
- Hold surveys, ask questions, and connect with your audience.
- Get feedback, analyze, and adjust your marketing strategy.
- Use brand recognition, making sure the brand is in front of potential buyers who are looking for your services.
- Associate with influencers, become an influential source of advice and information, and share website content.
- Increase customer retention and brand loyalty. Social media is a useful feedback tool because you receive the sincere responses from your audience and customers. You and your audience can get to know each other well.
- Gain trust and credibility. People expect your company to have Facebook and Twitter profiles because it’s a way they can contact you and find reliable information. The more people hear about your brand, the more credible you will be.
Which social media sites should I use?
It’s not just about going wild on every social media channel out there, however. You need to be sure the channels you choose align with your business goals.
There are a multitude of social media sites out there, but these are the ones you’ll want to pay the most attention to. Remember, you don’t have to be on all social media channels, just the ones that best help you accomplish your goals. Even though setting up a profile is free, managing takes a great deal of time and effort.
The most popular social sites that you should check out are:
- Facebook: By far the most popular social media site, you’ll want to use this to build relationships with potential customers for your products or services.
- Twitter: This site is more useful for quick news hits. Since you are limited to 140 characters in a Tweet, you’ll want to use it to announce a new product or service or any sort of breaking news event.
- YouTube: This has become the second largest search engine after Google. YouTube is a video site, so you’ll want to use it to post video content educating your clients about your product or service.
- LinkedIn: This is a professional business networking site. It’s where you’ll go to establish relationships with other business professionals that can help your business grow.
How do I get people to read my posts?
Once you’ve chosen your networks, you need to post so that people will read and react. How do you do that? For one thing, check out what your competition is doing and do it better! Take your time and find your voice. No matter what you post, direct people to your website. That’s the whole point of the social media exercise. People need to see your site and see what you have to offer.
What’s the best time to post on social media?
There really isn’t one perfect time for posting, especially if you have customers internationally. Trial and error is the best way to figure out what time your audience is more engaged. Post at all times of the day and see which one gets you the most hits on your website.
What else can I do to use social media effectively?
Join relevant social network groups and communities. Especially less known groups! You can create or join groups and communities, bringing people together in one place under one idea or interest. Once you do that, mention your website, with links, so that people will visit it.
Finally, make sure it’s easy to share your website content on social media and that all links from your social media posts work perfectly. It’s a two-way street when it comes to website traffic and social media; making your website social media friendly is very important.